The Average Cost of Top Surgery Across Canada
When it comes to recovering from top surgery (or any surgery for that matter), it’s important to listen to your doctor’s advice. Top surgery is a major surgical procedure, and you should take all the time you need to recover. During recovery, listen to what your body has to say, and treat it with tenderness so it can take its new shape as soon as possible.
All that being said, you will certainly be eager to get back to your routine following surgery which may include going to the gym. In fact, exercise will improve your recovery, and over time, even the results of your surgery. Doctors suggest going back to light activity (such as walking) soon after surgery. However, you should not be exerting yourself physically for at least three weeks after your procedure.Here’s a quick glance at other recovery guidelines:
- Avoid lifting anything heavier than 5 lbs. for the first few weeks of your recovery.
- Avoid any exertion which increases your heart rate or has you breaking a sweat.
- Light cardio can be resumed after three weeks, so long as you do not use your arms too much.
- Regular exercise routines, including weight lifting, can usually be resumed 5-6 weeks after surgery.
- If you are a bodybuilder, or lift heavy weights, you may have to wait as long as three months before you can resume your normal workout.
- Chest exercises are actually recommended after a full recovery from top surgery, as they can improve your results.
While the above are guidelines, keep in mind that every person is unique, and your doctor will have the most authority on when you’re ready to resume exercise. Once your recovery period is done, you can hit the gym again! But here are some things to keep in mind:
- Listen to your body. Even if enough weeks have passed, if something feels uncomfortable or painful, wait.
- Ask your doctor or personal trainer for specific chest exercises to improve your surgery results.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals and drink plenty of water.
- Ask for help! If you are unsure about anything consult your doctor, or a fitness professional.
- Take it slow. After time off, you won’t be in the same shape you were before. The good news is, it shouldn’t take you too long to get back in shape. Be patient and take the time to build your fitness level back up. The most important thing to keep in mind when getting back to the gym is
- . Be kind to your body, and to yourself. Take the time to love and appreciate the change your body has gone through. For any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to
- contact our team