It’s difficult for most adults to get through the day without experiencing stress but average stress levels are often amplified in people who are transitioning.
After years of trying to play the part of the gender you were born with, nothing feels quite as good as embracing who you are. After all, as Oscar Wilde said, “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” When you make the decision to transition, you’re finally becoming who you really are.
Below is a list of some of the most positive and inspirational quotes for those who are inside or outside of the trans-community to keep in mind on the good (and even the bad) days.
Remember, life is too short to not live it to the fullest!
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will live as one.”
– John Lennon
- “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”
- “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”
- “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.”
- “Courage is found in unlikely places.”
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible”
– Audrey Hepburn
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
- Aristotle Onassis
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
Are there any particular quotes that help you get through hard times? Share them with our team and we’ll update our blog to include them!